Wednesday 3 June 2015

Bad day at black rock wasn’t as bad or black as today at the Olton

Some days are just crazy, hold your hands up, wipe it from existence and move on.

The day started with me awaking in painwith a left elbow the size of Etna and twice as hot. The condition was later diagnosed by Doc Scott and google as bursitis. Dodge later confirmed this from previous experience and the doctor next morning agreed and gave me antibiotics. My arm was working well enough to text Wiggy to see how he was while he sat in the walk in centre. He informed me of the tests they wanted him to undergo and said he should be okay to bowl. With Ian’s illness all week, Wiggly and his problems and me and my elbow we were a team of walking wounded. With the early start looming and Jack still asleep in bed just getting a side out was proving a challenge.

The Game itself started badly and wouldn’t improve for quite some time. Dave Hosgood liked the film Big hero six so much he thought he would make a play as the lead. Unfortunately to be a big hero he would have needed to win six not get 6. Some people may be confused by that score as Dave told everyone he got 11 and by the end people just accepted it. I did ask him if he was going to make up a score why he didn’t make up a winning score. Quick as a flash, Les answered for him “People wouldn’t believe that”


Larry who is normally Mr reliable up front for us had a very forgettable day struggling to 9.

Jack started slowly against Steve Jones but in showing his growing maturity changed his game plan, bowling long and the change worked well as Jack came roaring back to win to 19.

Wiggly fresh from the walk in centre battled hard all game and considering he was barely able able to feel his hand (that, along with being plain daft - Ed) bowled very well to gut out an 18 loss. If only when things got tight he would have shouted Kiss me Hardy and flung himself from the club house roof.

With the first four shipping 28 the next two up had to eat into that lead quickly. Unfortunately the scores JP and I returned handed the game to Boldmere. Paul Copson bowled very well against JP as did Scott Wilson against me but with the side down we had to find a way back into the game and sadly today we were lacking the quality to do that, dropping 30 shots between us. This not only handed the game to Boldmere, it left the other players on the green shell shocked.

Richie fell below his lofty standards as he lost 13 and Killer sort of listened to the warnings but still moaned an awful lot for someone who at this point had posted only the 3rd half decent score with 16.

Three o’clock rang and the final four took to the green. This didn’t prove any better for Savo who never found top form losing nine to Mark O’Connor.

The normal start time though had worked wonders for Casper the friendly Northerner as he won 16 against Brian Edwards. Did you Know Rotherham has more swings without adequate seating over non child fall safety ground stuff than any other town north of Dover? Also, In the 1480s the Rotherham-born Archbishop of York, Thomas Rotherham, instigated the building of a College of Jesus or Jesus College, Rotherham to rival the colleges of Cambridge and Oxford. It was the first brick building in what is now South Yorkshire ands subjects taught included being tight, being opinionated and how to go to the foot of my stairs. It was a great success and managed to spread these lessons all over Yorkshire.

Chris James had a Quality game with Mick Grundy using all of his left handed cunning and guile to win 16.

At this point I should admit I had a game plan to be in and around maybe 10 down going into the back 3 where my big beasts would come good and drive us to victory. For this to be a success I needed Scotty to win and the first nine to be 70 shots better off, but that’s a minor detail.

Scotty fresh from a big win on Friday had a rematch from last week and once again as has become the norm this year delivered. From 7-1 down Scotty took over and bowled some very tricky marks beating Alan to 15 and, somewhat depressingly, winning the sweep.

During the last four there was a shocking incident. As you know I am much beloved by many and worshipped by some. These good looks, the wit, and the talent the born leadership though also makes me a marked man. There are lots of jealous people who want to hurt me and bring me down. On Saturday jack up was called. I ran heroically, gliding across the ground majestically when bang I went down. A pain shot through my ankle then into my toe before shooting back up into my knee. I turned in midair trying to avoid falling on my badly swollen left arm. My shoulder dug deep into the ground my ribs cracked with the force. People were rushing from all corners to see if I was okay. I waved away the first aider and the paramedic and pulled the busty barmaid close in and kissed her, causing her to feint with joy. I got up dusted myself down and the game continued. Despite being shot in the ankle that magically entered and exited my toe before entering my driver nicking a neck of a man waiting for a bus at the 957 stop and reentering my knee I didn’t complain or make a fuss.


The Sniper I believe is a member Conspiracy of Fire Nuclei a terrorist group based in Greece who are anarchist Nihilists who especially believe that Crown green bowls is an imperialist game and that as the sexy face, the beating heart and the brains of bowls I am a particular risk. Or the sniper could also play for Kings Norton exes and work at the rover where he could easily shoot at me on a Saturday afternoon. I am not sure who that could be but I have a feeling the assassin will be back to try and nobble me again.

So a massive home defeat but looking on the bright side the last 3 were tremendous, Wiggy Showed sparks of form and Jack is starting to become the bowler we want him to be. Boldmere will win this league and they are equal to any side I have played since the Norton went down from Divison 1. The season isn’t about beating them its winning more than the rest. The next game isn’t a must win as we have plenty of opportunities for away wins but we do need to pick ourselves up brush ourselves of and get back to somewhere approaching our best and challenging in every game we play.

No comments:

Post a Comment